Welcome to our Week 1 Polls rating the Top 20 High School Teams in Georgia. Let's Take a look at the Peach State's best hardballers!
1. Parkview HS Region 7-AAAAAAA The View is loaded again after falling to Woodstock in last years playoffs the Panthers look to redeem themselves in 2018 led by our 2019 #1 Prospect Jonathan French.
2. Loganville Region 8-AAAAA The Defending 5A Champs return nearly the entire starting lineup. It's a deep team capable of running the table at any classification in the GHSA.
3. Walton High Region 4-AAAAAAA The Raiders are always in the mix for a title under HC Shane Amos. All-American Luke Bartnicki gives Walton a legit #1.
4. Forsyth Central Region 5-AAAAAAA when you have the #1 pitcher in the USA in Ethan Hankins the feeling is good in the clubhouse. The Bulldogs are gonna win game 1 in a 3 game series book it.
5. Pope Region 7-AAAAAA The defending 6A Champs have made a habit of winning the ship that last 5-6 years. Pope just reloads and will again. Greyhounds are a tough out in any league.
6. River Ridge Region Region 6-AAAAAA River Ridge is coming off a 29-10 season with everybody back. Connor Pavolony leads a deep group.
7. North Gwinnett Region 6-AAAAAAA The Bulldogs are loaded. Walker Cleveland leads a team that can win the State title. They maybe a year away but it's a talented group of pups.
8. Wayne County Region 2-AAAAA The 5A State Runner-Ups only lost 2 players. Ford Townsend & JT Crosby lead a very talented Yellow Jacket group with the largest fan base in Georgia. Nobody wants to go down there and have to win a series with 3,000 fans screaming in your ear.
9. Cartersville Region 5-AAAA The Purple Hurricanes are always in the mix. Anthony Siegler an All-American will lead a team capable of winning in any classification.
10. Redan Region 5-AAA Redan has another run of draft picks that should run through Class AAA. Very talented group!
11. Blessed Trinity Region 7-AAAA coming off a 36-6 campaign. The Titans are back again. Mickey Skole and slick fielding CJ Abrams will lead a Titan team back to the promised land in 2018.
12. Carrollton Region 7-AAAAA The Trojans have quietly been putting big time players into the college ranks. They will once again sneak into a deep deep run in Class 5A.
13. Richmond Hill Region 2-AAAAAA Michael Menhart is the best non-committed pitcher in Georgia. The guy owns the strike zone with four pitches. Jr. Jackson Finley brings a power arm to the rotation making the Wildcats a very tough out in a 3 game series.
14. Etowah Region 4-AAAAAAA The Defending Champs have a lot of returners. 7 Starters are back, can they regain the Magical run of 2017 in 2018?
15. Woodstock Region 4-AAAAAAA Coach Jeff Brown and staff have another talented group. Last years State Finalist will again be in the mix.
16. North Paulding Region 3-AAAAAAA A solid pitching staff returns to last years quarter final team. If the pairings fall right in the bracket NP could get back to last years success.
17. Colquitt County Region 1-AAAAAA this is our dark horse top 20 team. The Packers have veteran team and should run through Region 1.
18. Alatoona Region 6-AAAAAA Alatoona is always a tough out. Once again they have players. It's just a matter of if they can dodge a mismatch in the early brackets.
19. Heritage Conyers Region 3-AAAAAA RHP Griffin Holcombe is a front line arm. Heritage has some athletes and should be a deep playoff team in 6A.
20. Ola Region 4 AAAAA Ola has two top tier lefties. That always spells trouble come playoff time. Sr. Matthew Mamates is one of the states top defenders at SS.
That's a look at our week one top twenty. I am sure it will be another topsy-turvy season in the GHSA and the spots will change rapidly though out the spring.